God can use your current situation to point people to Him.
- Keep your focus in the right place.
- Paul could have easily focused on his circumstances.
- Paul’s focus was on the gospel.
- Leave the results to God.
- Paul’s circumstances opened new territory for the gospel.
- Other believers gained courage from his example
- Rejoice in what God is doing.
- Have you ever felt like you were “chained” to someone else and had to listen to whatever he or she talked about? Describe the situation (hopefully it’s not your Small Group Leader!).
- Have you seen a friend in difficult circumstances and gained confidence by how he or she allowed God to use the situation? Explain.
- Many times much of the tension that comes from difficult conditions is a mental or spiritual battle. What is a good strategy to keep in mind in the midst of these times?
- You might think, “But I’m not like Paul! I can’t find joy in my current circumstances like he did.” Discuss with the group how there may be opportunities in front of you for which you can embrace with the help of Jesus. How can this Monday be a different experience than past Mondays?
- I will consider my circumstances as part of God’s plan and respond accordingly.