Spiritual friendships turn the journey of life into a journey of faith.
- Not everyone will be willing to take the journey with me.
- Sometimes life leaves me bitter.
- God’s rescue plan is often a process.
- God has answers that I don’t know about.
- Take initiative and resist passivity.
- God’s grace is closer than I think.
TALK IT OVER
- When have felt like “life isn’t fair” and what did you do? Are you feeling this way now?
- Naomi suffered a series of losses and became bitter. What situations have left you bitter?
- The friendship between Naomi and Ruth enabled them to make it through the hard times. How has God used friendships in your life in your journey of faith?
- When have you experienced an answer to prayer that you didn’t expect?
- How have you experienced God’s grace this year?
- Concerning the story of Ruth and Naomi, what is your take away?