Kids are a BIG DEAL to God...
So they are a big deal to us. We think kids need the Gospel the same way adults do. That’s why we take seriously our responsibility to help you disciple your kids in following Jesus.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
We are actively seeking a Kids Pastor who is passionate about nurturing the faith of children and creating a vibrant, engaging environment where they can grow in their relationship with God.
Scroll down for details about the position, and how to apply.
Summer @ GCF KIDS
Family Worship Sundays at Grace: August 27th & Sept. 3
Kids K-5th grade join parents in the Auditorium, with activity bags for Pastor Steve’s sermon. Mrs. Jessica rewards kids with treats for sharing what they learned. 10:30 AM classes will still be available for kids PreK and under. Pre-register your kids each week here: Kids Church Pre-Registration.
GCF KIDS Move Up Sunday: September 10
All elementary students MOVE UP to meet their new leaders and make some new friends on Sunday, September 10th!
*NOTE: Fall 2023 6th graders moved up Sunday, June 18th
Our safe, kid-friendly environments are the perfect place for your kids to grow in their relationship with Jesus while you do the same in “Big” church.
In Kids Church we:
• and Memorize
Your kids (birth-5th Grade) can join us for a service designed just for them at 10:30 AM each Sunday. Click below to get them pre-registered to be with us this weekend.
Each week we are following the Gospel Project for Kids, a series of lessons from the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, to learn the awesome truths of God’s Word. Every week you can watch the story video with your kids to begin conversations about the Bible and how it can be applied to both you and your kids.
Check out this week’s video on our YouTube Channel, then let the conversations begin!
Still Have Questions?
Still have more questions? No problem. Email them to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Join Our Team!
Grace Community Fellowship Church in Eugene, Oregon, is looking for a Kids Ministry Pastor at our non-denominational church, located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest just one hour away from the iconic coastline. With its grace-centered focus, this congregation seeks to meet people where they’re at and help them to follow Jesus.
With seven full-time staff members and six part-time employees, GCF is bursting at the seams with vibrant youth programs, active family ministries, thriving small groups, 700+ in Sunday morning attendance, and a growing online presence. In addition, we are in the final process of physically expanding our Kids and Youth Ministry area to reach even more families in the Eugene area.
Grace Community Fellowship is a warm and inviting, upbeat, Christ-centered, Bible-believing church that is looking for just the right person to join the team in bringing God’s light to Oregon’s charming, university-town of Eugene.
The Kids Ministry Pastor at Grace Community Fellowship will be responsible for championing and overseeing all areas of children’s ministry (birth-5th grade) under the church-wide mission of “Loving People Where They Are At and Helping Them Follow Jesus.” This individual should seek to develop children’s faith in Jesus and encourage their parents to have a healthy view of Jesus and his church. This involves creating dynamic Sunday morning worship experiences, organizing compelling programs and events, as well as equipping parents and kids to disciple themselves well.
- Shape, lead, and ensure alignment of Kids Ministry with the mission and vision of Grace Community Fellowship Church.
- Ensure that Kids Ministry curriculum develops a gospel-centered worldview for children, and equips parents to disciple their children.
- Oversee all Kids Ministry events and programs.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop volunteers for the mission of Kids Ministry.
- Provide a friendly grace-oriented environment and experience on Sunday mornings which includes safe and efficient child check-in & pick-up, safe and inviting classrooms, and volunteer leaders who are ready and equipped.
- Collaborate with the Kids Ministry Assistant to provide vision and creativity to grow and sustain a healthy Kids Ministry presence in Eugene.
The Successful Candidate
Education and Experience:
- 5 years or more of Kids Ministry experience
- Undergraduate degree; master’s preferred
- Biblical and Theological training preferred
- Owns the mission, vision, and values of Grace Community Fellowship; theologically aligns with our core beliefs.
- An organizational leader that collaborates well with other ministries and leaders.
- Relational strength in developing and leading people (staff, volunteers, lay leaders)
- Strategic strength to execute plans that track for growth and accountability.
- Communication strength to engage and inspire both kids and adults.
- Has knowledge and understanding of childhood development, especially as it pertains to the educational process.
- Strategically and prayerfully develops community outreach opportunities.
- Will model a mature personal spiritual life through practices such as consistently reading scripture, prayer, and personal devotions.
- Grace-filled and compassionate person who responds to situations with love and patience.
- Willing to disciple Kids Ministry volunteers and empower parents.
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for a Pastor.
To apply, send your resume to Kris Harrison, Executive Pastor, email@example.com.