S.W.A.P. | Seniors with a Purpose
ABOUT SWAP: SENIORS WITH A PURPOSE
Mission—Love people where they’re at and help them follow Jesus
Vision—Grow an environment where seniors are known, love, pray, serve, and are equipped for the Great Commission.
Read our current newsletter here (scroll to the bottom of this page to subscribe to our newsletter)
Check out our newsletter archive here
Upcoming Events – Click here (scroll on the upcoming events page to view all upcoming GCF events, including SWAP)
- We want seniors to be known, a part of Grace, & contributors to the mission of the Church.
- We will help seniors to love by serving, developing relationships & mobilizing.
- Our goal is that no senior would stand alone.
- Prayer and our prayer team will be strategic in guiding our ministry.
Strategic Path Steps
- We will develop community by planning regular gatherings to:
- Promote community and grow participation in seniors ministry.
- Develop relationships for mutual support. ( Help one another)
- Seek and develop leaders for the future
- We will work with other ministries to sponsor and support events
- To develop community and relationships with all age groups.
- To develop spiritual gifts and create service opportunities for seniors
- To support the church mission.
- Maintain and promote the senior prayer ministry.
- To develop spiritual habits
- To guide and direct our min
- Sponsor and facilitate educational opportunities for seniors
- To serve our Church community
- To develop the senior ministry
Fellowship: Helene Hughitt, Keith Sherman
Prayer: Cheryl Carter
Send us a prayer request!
- Prayer will be strategic to guide the progress of the ministry.
- We will use prayer teams and initiatives to encourage fellowship and serving.
- The ministry will be prayer centered!
- The SWAP prayer ministry is foundational to everything we do as we seek God’s direction in developing our focus. In order to maximize the prayer ministry we are forming a prayer team of individuals who will receive prayer requests by email and commit to praying for them. If you would like to be a part of this vital ministry we invite you to let us know by checking the Seniors Ministry (SWAP) box on the GCF Volunteer Interest Form.
- A visitation ministry will help insure no one stands alone.
- Mobilizing seniors to care about and or visit people from GCR
- To assist our church family at Grace to help them feel loved and connected, sometimes is necessary. We would like to have a team prepared to do visitation as needed as well as knowing if there is a need to have visitation.
Contact and Communications: Dianne Rush
We will be open to opportunities to serve the Church and community