1 John 4:7-12
Without God’s love, we are unable to fully love others.
- GET CONNECTED to the Source (v. 7-9)
- A relationship with God is essential if we are to fully love others
- We cannot give what we do not have (v. 20)
- The Spirit of God gives us the ability to love as He loves
- STAY CONNECTED to the Source (v. 15-17)
- A branch will only bear fruit if it’s connected to the vine (John 15)
- Acknowledge that Jesus is God’s Son with your life
- Live in God
- FOLLOW the Source (v. 10-11)
- Love FIRST (v. 19)
- Love UNCONDITIONALLY
- Love SACRIFICIALLY
TALK IT OVER
- Are you the one who needs things repeated, or the one who ends up repeating things over again?
- What is your story of connecting with God? Was is a “bolt-of-lighting” experience, or did you come to Him over a long period of time?
- What distractions keep you from staying connected with God (ie. Reading the Bible or praying)? How can you keep those distractions to a minimum?
- Do you find it hard to be the first one to show love? If so, what are some ways you could practice being the initiator?
- Which is harder: Loving someone unconditionally (not holding anything against) them OR sacrificially (giving up something to show them love)?
- Who is one person that needs you to show them God’s love this week?