1 John 3:11-20
- Out of Anger, Cain Murdered Abel.
- Christ rescued me.
- Sacrificial love takes action.
- Practice empathy
TALK IT OVER
- Describe a happy moment you experienced this week. Describe an angry moment you experienced.
- Read 1 John 3:11-15 and Genesis 4:1-8. What in the story of Cain do you see in our community today? Where does anger flare up in your heart?
- How would you define hate? Why does John compare hate with murder?
- After reading 1 John 3:16-17, how would you describe the love Jesus has for people?
- How can we practice sacrificial love? What might be a practical step this week?