1 John 3:1-10
- Walk with Jesus now.
- Your father loves you.
- Hope changes us.
- Hope is a person.
- The best is yet to come.
- Take sin seriously.
TALK IT OVER
- Who are the dinner guests that would motivate you to clean your house?
- If Jesus were returning next week, what changes would you make in your life today?
- Even as an old man, John is overwhelmed by God’s love. Can you honestly say you are awed by God’s love for you?
- John states that we will see Christ and be like Him. What excites you about this future prospect? What makes you feel uncomfortable about it?
- Hope is a common theme in the Bible. What are you hopeful about today? Where do you feel hopeless? 6. Sin incompatible with the Christian life. What do you think about his strong statements in 1 John 3:6-10?