- Jesus is looking for heart service not lip service.
- No loopholes for obedience.
- No substitute for love.
- Follow Scripture and not the culture.
- The heart is deeply flawed.
- What are the top 2-3 reasons you believe our culture sees Christians as hypocrites?
- How important are external appearances to you? Has this changed at all in the last 5-10 years? Explain.
- Take a risk and discuss in what way you are most hypocritical.
- What motivates us to create “loop holes“ with our behavior (v.5)?
- Examining the status of our hearts can cut deep, but this scrutiny is what Jesus seems to value greatly. Write down the areas of your heart that need the most attention and then, as a group, spend time praying for each other.
- This week I will take a serious inventory of my heart and how I pursue spiritual things.