Bible Passage: 2 CORINTHIANS 10:1-18
Don’t look for flash. Look for truth.
- We tend to value what matters least.
- A growing faith values what matters most.
- Surrender the least to focus on what matters most.
- What new flashy trends are catching your eye? When you were in high school, what was trendy?
- The Apostle Paul faced false teachers and personal criticism. Some of the accusations against him included: fickleness, harshness, and a poor speaker. He responded with humility in 2 Corinthians 10:1-2. How do you balance humility with speaking the truth?
- The Corinthian believers were drawn to the false teachers and persuasive speakers. What are the flashy church things that catch our eyes? What do you think of this statement? “We tend to value what matters least.”
- Carefully read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 in a translation and The Message Paraphrase. In what ways is the paraphrase helpful? Paul wrote, “take captive every thought.” Why is our thinking so important? How can our thinking be transformed? What toxic beliefs do you hold onto that drag you down?
- The Corinthians valued