- Love People Where They’re At.
- Step into the uncomfortable zone.
- Drop moralistic expectations.
- Focus on the gospel of grace.
Key Point: Accept Invitations to Give Invitations.
- Describe a time when you were on the outside looking in (i.e., with a group of friends, new social setting, party, job, etc.). Did you feel like there were rules or expectations you did not know? Explain.
- What principles or beliefs do you hold that limit your ability to reach out to people “different“ from you?
- When Peter visited Cornelius, he broke all kinds of social norms. Have you had an experience where you broke social norms to be with another person? Tell us about it.
- Discuss the tension between responding to a situation with grace versus tough love (see Acts 11:1-3). In your experience, is there a direct correlation between how close you are to God and how you respond?
- I will ask God to open my eyes to situations where I can step into with love.