1 Chronicles 16:34
It’s our choice: We can live with thanksgiving or with bitterness.
I. What are the impediments to living thankfully?
- Wrongly thinking that thankful living is a limited-time attitude.
- Wrongly thinking it’s impossible, so why bother?
- A preoccupation with living your life.
- Hard heartedness.
II. What are the keys to living thankfully?
- Make thankfulness as much a part of our existence as breathing.
- Give thanks even when it doesn’t feel good.
- Don’t become preoccupied with living your life.
- Soften your heart.
- Replace self-pity with God praise.
III. How do we show our praise — give thanks to — God?
- By singing to Him.
- By praying to Him.
- By giving to Him.
- By being salt and light for Him.
- Five impediments for living thankfully were mentioned. Which is the most difficult one for you to overcome and why?
- Which is most important in our ability to give thanks — circumstances or attitude?
- The story was told of a woman from Pakistan, Khaida. What did you learn from her and the situation in which her church was bombed?
- Think of someone for whom you’re thankful, but who might not know it. Do something tangible—a note, a gift, a word of praise—to communicate your appreciation.