Serving others is critical to your spiritual growth.
- The main characters of the story:
- A man
- A Samaritan
- Your spiritual journey will cost you something.
- Emotional Energy
- Love your neighbor now by serving them.
- We can’t have impact apart from contact.
- Start locally.
- My neighbor is anyone God brings across my path.
- Who has most affected your spiritual journey? How so?
- Read Leviticus 19:18, 33-34 out loud. What stands out to you?
- Do you tend to believe that getting involved with someone who needs help is an inconvenience or an opportunity? What makes you lean this way?
- What is the biggest obstacle that keeps you from getting involved in others‘ lives?
- Jesus‘ description of who our neighbor is is convicting. Discuss who is on your path that may need you to pay attention to them.
- I will ask God to help me be more aware of those who are in the “ditch“ around me.