1 John 2:15-17
When we love the world we become its hostage.
- Beware of Spiritual Hostage Takers.
- Breaking Free by loving for Jesus.
- Focus on the eternal.
- Trust Jesus not the world.
- Find rock solid spiritual friendships.
TALK IT OVER
- Pastor Steve discussed a spiritual Stockholm syndrome. The kidnapper is the world and the hostages are the Christians. Have you experienced this in your life? Do you see it in others?
- How can we love people without loving the world? Where do you find tension?
- John mentioned the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life in verse 16. Do you struggle with any of these?
- How do you fight temptation on a daily basis?