1 John 2:7-11
When Jesus is in you, Love comes out of you and the World lights up
- Know God – keep his commands (1 John 2:3-5)
- Abide in Him – walk like Jesus (1 John 2:5-6)
- Live in the Light – love others (1 John 2:7-11)
Truth is a person, Jesus Christ
A New Command which is Old and yet, New
Love Dispels the Darkness
Training in Love:
- Avoid Obstacles to Love – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- Love with Words – Matthew 5:21-22
- Love Requires Faith & Sacrifice – Philippians 2:1-8
Take a minute: Check Your Vital Signs
TALK IT OVER
- How is my daily connection to God? (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)
- Think of a difficult situation or person to love. What is the most loving & Jesus-like thing to do? What is it? When can you do that?
- Review your week: Would all my actions be seen as loving by all?
- Who during this time of pandemic needs you to love them like Jesus?
- I will regularly check my vital signs for love for God and others.