The Spiritual Practice of Generosity
Bible Passage: 2 Corinthians 8:1-15
- Generosity is a spiritual practice that I should be intentional about!
- An expression of Stewardship
- A demonstration Christlikeness
- An opportunity for fellowship and interdependence
- Generates worship.
- Everyone can practice generosity!
How to practice Generosity:
- Willingly and Cheerfully
- From what you have NOT what you don’t have.
- What are some people or things that have motivated you towards generosity?
- When and from whom have you experienced generosity? What was that experience like?
- What was your initial reaction to the statement: “Generosity is a spiritual practice?”
- Which do you find more difficult in the practice of generosity; – giving or receiving? Why do you think it is so?
- What would it look like if you lived as though everything you own belongs to God and NOT to you? (Actually, it does!)
- Think about your material and immaterial assets and resources, what would it feel like to hear God say: “My child it is all mine but I trust you! You get to make the call on how to use it on my behalf.”
- What are your current addictions? (e.g., shopping, technology, keeping up with the Joneses, TV etc.) How do these addictions affect how you use your resources?