Joseph: A Conflicted Conscience
Bible Passage: Genesis 42
- Sometimes we hit rock bottom before we listen to our conscience.
- God can allow pain into our lives to get our attention.
- God tests our consciences with integrity checks.
- I must confess my sin and run to the cross of Christ.
- Would you rather have been present when Joseph revealed himself to his brothers or when he was reunited with his father?
- Joseph experienced the rejection of his family. Think of a time when you experienced rejection. How did this affect your heart? How did it affect your ability to love and trust others?
- Are you currently bitter or wounded by someone else? How is this affecting your daily life?
- Is it easy for you to forgive someone who has hurt you? Is it easy for you to ask for forgiveness when you have offended someone?
- What is the difference between reconciliation and restoration? 6. Joseph tested the sincerity and integrity of his brothers. How is God testing you today?