Forgiveness is a Spiritual Battle
Bible Passage: 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
- Forgiveness means pardon not probation.
- Forgiveness must include real support.
- Forgiveness reaffirms love.
- Where have you experienced positive teamwork? i.e. sports, work, family, volunteer team
- What are the characteristics of a toxic workplace? If left a toxic workplace is ignored, what are the results? Do you have any experiences to share?
- Unity in the church is a priority according to Jesus (John 17:20-21). Check out Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 1:10-12 concerning unity. Why is church unity such a high priority?
- In 2 Corinthians 2:5-11, it appears that church discipline occurred, and the goal of restoration became a reality. Why does Paul emphasize forgiveness? Pastor Steve mentioned the phrase “aggressive forgiveness.” What does this mean to you?
- Do you see the Devil dividing people in the church? How is forgiveness a tool to be used in spiritual warfare? Why is bitterness/anger such a successful tool for the Devil’s schemes?
- What one attitude do you need to change to encourage church unity?