God gives second chances to those who run to Him.
How Jonah responded to his rebellion:
- Jonah cries out for help.
- Jonah accepts the discipline of the Lord.
- Jonah places his trust and hope in God’s promises.
- Jonah submits to God’s will.
- Jonah is given a second chance.
So, how should we run back to God?
- By remembering who we are.
- By doing so with reckless abandon.
- By trusting Him even when it makes no sense.
- By putting behind us all that would impede us.
- By remembering it’s not about us.
- If it’s not about the fish, what is it about?
- Think of a time when you went one way when the Holy Spirit seemed to be pointing you another way. What were the results?
- Which of the characteristics of “running back to God” is most difficult for you, and why?
- What’s the best lesson you’ve learned from a “second chance” with God?