Knowing the Bible is easier than Living the Bible.
- Even God’s Word has a warning label.
- Deep Fallacy
- Getting a firm grip on God’s Word.
- Practice leads to transformation.
- As you have learned about the Bible, do you view it more as a “Tips-and-Techniques“ book or more as a life-changing book? Explain.
- Does the Bible seem boring to you or more like a rated-R movie?
- Discuss which parts of the Bible have you put into practice. Which parts have you not? For those parts you have not, do you expect others to apply them? Why?
- James 1:25 talks about God’s Word setting us free. From what are we freed? What are the practical results?
- Read honestly, the Bible is meant to change a person’s heart and not be a moral list of to-do’s. To what degree has or can the Bible affect your view of the following people or tension-filled topics: sexuality, politics, LGBTQ, immigrants, racism, life, or human trafficking?
- I will read and mediatate on God’s Word for ______ minutes a day this next week.