1 John 2:18-25
- Make more of Jesus not less! It is all about him!
- Jesus is the Christ: a king establishing the kingdom of God
- The kingdom is not temporal, not ethnic and not nationalistic
- Christ Followers are ambassadors of that kingdom
TALK IT OVER
- Professor Agam emphasized “Make more of Jesus not less! It is all about him!” What is distracting you from making more of Jesus in your life? What is becoming a substitute for Jesus in your life?
- The term “antichrist” means against or substitution. What would you if you met someone opposed to Jesus? What are the implications of 1 John 2:23?
- When you hear the phrase “Kingdom of God” what comes to your mind? What does it mean to pray “Thy kingdom come?”
- Scripture says in 2 Corinthians 5:20, “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.” How can you be an ambassador for Christ during the social unrest in our society?