Baptism represents something new.
- Jesus’ ministry began with His baptism.
- Jesus’ baptism was a public endorsement.
- Heaven opened up
- Spirit descended
- This is my beloved Son
- My baptism publicly marks something new.
- When Jesus came on the scene, there had been no word from God for 450 years. Have you ever felt like you had not heard from God for an extremely long time? Describe this experience.
- Think back to when you first heard about Jesus. What were your original thoughts about him? How have they changed, if they have, over time?
- Do you think Jesus needed the affirmation of baptism (3:16-17) when he began his ministry? Why or why not?
- What is your experience with baptism? Have you been baptized? If not, why?
- I will choose to be baptized!