1 John 2:12-14
My spiritual identity brings freedom.
- I’m forgiven: Leave the past behind.
- I’m part of God’s family: Draw near to Jesus.
- I’m an overcomer: Use God’s Word to break free.
TALK IT OVER
- What does it mean your sins are forgiven “on account of His name”?
- Forgiveness is a common theme for John. Why is John emphasizing forgiveness?
- When John uses the phrase “dear children” he is addressing all believers. John categorizes people into two groups of maturity. In theory, people who have been following Christ for many years should be spiritually mature. Do you identify with Johns’ description of older believers or younger believers?
- In what ways are you strong in the faith? How can God’s word live in us?
- What does it mean to “overcome the evil one”? How have you experienced spiritual freedom in your life?