1 John 2:2-6
Obedience demonstrates our love for God.
- Live a life of obedience.
- Knowing = Fellowship
- Keeping = Obedience
- Obey when it is inconvenient
- Obey when it doesn’t make sense.
- Obey when it brings temporary pain.
- Daily imitate Jesus.
TALK IT OVER
- Has your view of obedience changed from when you were a child?
- What area of your life have you been holding back obedience from God? How will obedience perfect God’s love in our lives?
- What are some excuses/rationalizations people come up with for not completely obeying what God wants?
- How do you feel about this statement: Don’t say that you love Jesus today if you are not obeying Jesus.
- In 1 John 2:6 is says, “Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” Can you think of something from Jesus’ life that could serve as an example for you to follow during this pandemic?