2 Chronicles 20:15-23
- Confront your problems face to face.
- Take immediate action.
- Trust God to prepare the way.
- Be Thankful Today
- King Jehoshaphat faced impending destruction at the hands of an alliance of Moab, Ammon, and Meunite. In the ancient world, kings were tortured, impaled, or decapitated. The people would have been enslaved, raped, and forced to pay taxes. How would you compare and contrast our situation today with this?
- The Lord said, “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army.” Are you discouraged or encouraged today?
- Find a map and look up the following Biblical locations: Jerusalem, En Gedi, Tekoa, Jerusalem, Ammon, Moab. Take a few minutes and read 2 Chronicles chapter 20 in your favorite translation and The Message paraphrase.
- The musicians led the battle forces for King Jehoshaphat. Is it hard to obey God when he asks us to do something which doesn’t make sense?
- 2 Chronicles 20:21 is a quote of Psalm 136. Read the Psalm right now and apply it to your situation.
- Jehoshaphat took immediate action. What action do you need to take today? How can you trust God today? Write down a few things you are thankful for today.