2 Peter 1:1-9
God provides everything we need for the journey.
- The better you know God, the more you will trust Him.
- God is All-Knowing: He knows me personally.
- God is All-Powerful: He can change my life.
- God is Everywhere: He never leaves me.
- God never reneges on a promise.
- My core identity changed.
- Actively build on your new life.
- Have you been on a hike that was much more difficult than you thought it would be? Or you forgot essential gear? How’d it work out?
- Would you say you completely trust God with His promises or just kind of trust Him? Explain.
- Describe the difference between knowing about God and experiencing Him. Do you have a more intimate relationship with God today than you did last year?
- Do you believe that knowing someone more allows you to trust them more (assuming they are trustworthy)? If so, what keeps you from getting to know God better?
- Discuss the potential implications of v. 9 in life.
- I will choose to get to know God better this week by spending at least 10 minutes a day with Him.