Jesus gives grace to White Elephants.
- Socially unacceptable does not mean spiritually unacceptable.
- A hard life
- Guilt and Shame
- I am Accepted
- Face the truth
- Accept the truth
- Accept grace not guilt.
- God never wastes a hurt.
- When you were growing up, were you told to avoid certain people? Why?
- How does Jesus’ acceptance of the woman (at that time, the lowest on the social wrung) challenge the way you see people today who are not like you or are social outcasts? Explain.
- Jesus gave grace to the woman at the well, but he also had her face an uncomfortable truth in her life. Discuss how Jesus balances the tension between grace and truth in His interaction with her. And how He does that in your life, too.
- I will ask Jesus to help me see all people the way that He does.