Matthew 22:34-40 & 28:18-20
A Great Commitment to the Great Commandment and the Great Commission makes a great Church.
Why make a commitment to a church?
- Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church.
- Practical Reason: Count on me.
- Cultural Reason: A place to make an eternal difference.
- Personal Reason: A place to grow.
Following through on commitments = Spiritual Growth
How can I make a commitment?
- Act like an owner by investing in people.
- Take personal responsibility.
- Find your niche and serve.
- Be supportive of the values and vision.
- What is your neighborhood like? How many of your neighbors do you know? How many are “annoying?”
- How are you the “annoying” neighbor? Be honest…
- With whom might you invest time in the next week in your neighborhood?
- Discuss Pastor Steve’s statement: You can’t be fully committed to Jesus and not be committed to a church. Agree? Disagree? Why?
- How have you experienced spiritual growth from following through on a commitment?
- I will choose to be committed to my church by: