1 Corinthians 10:11-14
- Everyone battles temptation.
- Jesus Pays & Jesus Helps
• Look for the Escape Hatch
• Run away
• Ask for help
- Which of these temptations do you face on a regular basis: gossip, unhealthy indulgence, substance abuse, pursuing pornography, lying, choosing profit over people, cheating, elevating importance of body image, sex, stealing, other?
- Have you experienced an “Escape Hatch” from these temptations? Explain.
- Describe a situation when you should have “run away.”
- Do you tend to rely on your own strength to battle temptations or do you immediately seek God’s help? Do you have someone to help hold you accountable?
MY NEXT STEP
- I need to acknowledge an area of temptation in my life.
- I commit to seeking God’s help with a temptation that’s encompassing me.
- Something else?