The lost and broken are not my enemies; they are captives of my enemy.
- Where does evil come from and what is it?
- Evil is a perversion of God’s plans
- Evil is a parasite of goodness
- Evil precedes some suffering
- How is God dealing with evil and suffering?
- How can I help others deal with suffering?
- What do I do when I am suffering?
- Trust God’s community
- Trust God’s capacity
- Trust God’s character
- Do you struggle with the concept of an all-powerful God allowing evil to exist? Why or why not?
- In light of the evil you’ve experienced or know of, do you believe God is just?
- Be honest, do you wish God would fight evil differently than He does?
- Do you consider yourself evil based on the message today? Why or why not?
- When you’re in the midst of dealing with suffering, what is the best way to remember Ephesians 6:12 (look it up)? Discuss reasonable ways to respond.
- I will be aware of how I can help someone suffering from the effects of evil.