- Wake up and see reality.
- Admit your need and reject your pride.
- Go to Jesus and He will provide.
- Accept God’s Instruction.
- According to Pastor Steve’s coffee cup analogy, which cup are you today?
- Spiritual growth can be revealed through many ways (i.e., how you view other people, your interest in reading the Bible, your attitude toward your enemies [think political figures!], your participation in relationships, your prayer life, your willingness to serve, etc.). But just doing these things does not necessarily equate to growth. Discuss with your group the status of your heart and how it relates to these various areas in your life.
- How do you respond when faced with correction intended to make you better? Do you receive it well? Why or why not? How much does it matter who is giving the correction?
- As a group, pray for each other. Pray that each person might make positive growth steps this week.
- I will choose to spend at least a little time with God each day this week.
- I will pray for at least two people who really irritate me.