Going Down Moves Me Up
- Jesus Christ is our example.
- Descent #1: Equality
- Descent #2: Nothing
- Descent #3: Human
- Descent #4: Servant
- Descent #5: Humiliation
- Descent #6: Obedient
- Descent #7: Voluntary Death
- Jesus came down so you could go up.
- A follower of Christ is committed to downward mobility.
- Downward mobility will be rewarded.
- Name a time when you sacrificed a lot for another? Was the person appreciative or not so much?
- What tensions exist for a Jesus-follower to pursue “moving up the ladder?” Have you wrestled with any of these tensions?
- Why did Jesus come down from Heaven and sacrifice so much to be with us? If it was to create the opportunity for relationship with God, have you totally embraced that crazy fact (that the God of the universe wants to have a relationship with you)?
- If downward mobility is rewarded, what are the benefits? Is there a danger in trying to earn God’s approval by serving others? Discuss.
- I will check the status of my heart as I follow Jesus by serving others.