New Rule: Show mercy to the messy
- Jesus invites us to follow him.
- Mercy Shift Internal:
Heart -> Head of the sin line
External: Action -> Move into their world
- Be a Matthew and invite a Matthew.
- Describe the internal and external shift that Pastor Steve talked about. Which one do you tend to need more work on?
- Is there a person, or group of people, that you have a hard time showing mercy to? What is a tangible way that you can show mercy to them?
- Read Matthew 9:9-13. In this story, do you tend to relate more to Jesus, the Pharisees, Matthew, or the “scum-buddies”? How so?
- Is there a “Matthew” in your life that you can invite to church this Easter?
MY NEXT STEP
- Show mercy to someone!
- Invite someone to church for Easter
- Something else?