1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Don’t Thank God for What He’s “Done”… but for who He is.
1. Thankfulness Matters Because It Honors God For His Grace.
2. What Happens When I’m Thankful
- Creates Friendships
- Develops My Faith
- Witness to Others
3. How to Practice Thankfulness
- The Gifts You Give
- The Way You Sing
- The Words You Say
- What is the one thing for which you are most thankful today?
- Who is one person that you are thankful for today? Be sure to tell him or her!
- For you, is it easy or difficult to find joy despite your circumstances? Why?
- Describe a time when it took a while (if you’re there) for you to find joy in your circumstances.
- Take time to pray for each other in your group to understand and embrace joy despite circumstances.
- I will thank God for His grace and choose to move toward joy.