- Physically unacceptable does not mean spiritually unacceptable.
- Jesus exchanges His life for our sin.
- Jesus is compassionate and willing.
- Accept the Gift and enter their Pain.
- Describe a time when you saw a despised or neglected person receive a surprising amount of love and respect.
- Tell of a time when you felt like you were not good enough, or marginalized, or were on the wrong side of the tracks. How did that situation shape you?
- Who does society deem untouchable today? How about 10 years ago?
- Jesus touching a leper in that day was completely unbelievable and sent a powerful message to his followers (as well as the leper!). Discuss ways you can emulate Jesus’ love to others today in similar situations.
- I will ask God to open my eyes to loving those who are rejected or marginalized, and then do something about it.