Our impetus to forgive others “big time” should be an appreciation of Christ’s willingness to forgive us “big time.”
Part I: The Scripture
Part II: The Big Picture
Part III: The Link to Forgiveness
The woman in our story:
Comes to Jesus humbly.
Comes to Jesus courageously.
Comes to Jesus genuinely.
Jesus says that the one whose debt is great and whose debt is forgiven is the one who will love the forgiver most.
Our salvation didn’t come cheap.
We forgive because Christ forgives us.
- What has been the hardest situation for you to forgive?
- What was the immoral woman’s motive for coming to see Jesus?
- If you were sitting at the table in Luke 7, how would you have responded to the woman’s actions?
- Who do you relate to more, the woman or Simon? Why?
- Understanding what Jesus did for you, what’s standing in your way of forgiving someone who has hurt you? How can your small group help you overcome that obstacle?
- I will forgive ______________ for ______________.
- I will ask forgiveness from ______________ for ______________.