1 Timothy 4:7-8
A vision for your life with God will change everything.
The heart of spiritual life is to do everything with Jesus, in his name—the way he would do it in our place, knowing he is actually present.
We can only live in Jesus’ name one day at a time.
If I am going to learn to spend an ordinary day with Jesus, it will have to be this day.
Sleep is an act of trust.
Sleep is a gift from God.
Fatigue is one of the greatest barriers to prayer and spiritual growth.
Going to Sleep:
1. Get enough sleep.
2. Resolve conflicts before going to bed.
3. Invite Jesus to be with you when you wake.
1. Renew your invitation to Jesus.
2. Speak to Jesus about any anxieties or concerns you feel.
3. Acknowledge your dependence on Jesus.
Review the day with God.
- What difference can it make seeing the evening as the beginning of your day instead of the morning?
- Which is more difficult for you do to in Jesus’ name: waking up or going to sleep? How so?
- Review your most recent weekday. How would you rate living in Jesus’ name? Share only what you feel comfortable sharing with the group.
- I will plan a day to practice sleeping and waking in Jesus’ name.