Your life communicates a message.
- My message must look like Jesus.
- Being the Message is my mission.
- Godly character fuels the message.
- Poor in Spirit: Humility
- Those who mourn: Brokenness
- Meek: Strength Under Control
- Righteousness: Practice justice
- Merciful: Demonstrates compassion
- Pure in Heart: Do the right thing
- Peacemakers: Resolve conflict
- Good character might be the enemy of Godly character.
- Show then Tell
- Everyone conveys a message in life for which Pastor Steve gave some examples on Sunday. People hear it loud and clear. What kind of a message did you communicate this past week? Would your close friends, spouse or kids agree with your answer?
- What is the most difficult part of having your actions match your words? Has this always been the case for you?
- Does your social media presence accurately reflect the message you want to convey?
- Is there a difference between good character and Godly character? Explain.
- At the root of Godly character is the status of our hearts. Just “doing” Jesus’ life instructions misses the point. Take a moment and reflect on the status of your heart and what kind of a story you want your life to write this next week. Pray for each other as a Group.
- I will make quiet time this week to reflect on the kind of story my life is telling.