Embrace Your New Identity
- The power of sin has been broken.
- Old Me – New Me
- Spiritual Life
- Know it.
- Believe it.
- Live it.
- I must live under God’s grace.
- List a few characteristics that describe your beliefs about your identity. Have they changed much in the last 5-10 years?
- Our culture has powerful messages about who you should become. What cultural message is most dominant in your thoughts?
- Romans 6:11 says we need to consider ourselves dead to sin, but alive to God through Jesus. Do you truly believe that you can be right with God through Jesus despite your sin?
- How does the knowledge of your death to sin affect your struggle with sin, or how can it? How can it affect your prayer life?
- In what area of your life do you need to be dead to sin, but alive to God? What is keeping you from moving in this direction?
- I will choose to believe that I have a new identity in Jesus.