1. Our acceptable sins hurt us & those around us.
2. It hurts our credibility with unbelievers.
3. Our sin offends God.
Impatience: Annoyed at the unintentional faults and failures of those around us.
Continued Impatience becomes Irritability = Grumpiness
Keep in mind:
1. Circumstances out of your control.
2. People are not in your control.
3. I am responsible for my response.
1. Don’t expect people to snap to it at your command.
2. Look for the positive in others
3. Find your joy in the Gospel of Grace.
4. I believe the Cross transforms grumpy people.
- In the past week, what events or people have generated the greatest impatience and led to you be irritable?
- What part of the irritating situations (or people) you’ve been involved in were controllable?
- How does a Jesus-follower’s impatience affect his or her credibility with those not following Jesus? Got an example? How big a deal is our impatience?
- Do you believe Jesus is powerful enough to change your level of impatience? Why or why not? If yes, have you asked Him for help?
- I will ask God to help me identify areas where I become impatient and trust Him to help change me.
- I will pray for increased patience (be careful!).
- I will memorize Ephesians 4:2.